Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

0 comments
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Like many others, I rushed out last July to purchase the last book in the Harry Potter series. I remember finishing the novel feeling as though it was very well wrapped up, but not particularly enjoying it, and so it has been nearly a year and a half since I picked up the series and read it front-to-back again. I am glad, however, that I did, because I found the book far more enjoyable the second time around than the first.

Part of the reason for the lack of total enjoyment, I think, came because I was reading through the book as quickly as possible, in a rush to get to the end. I didn't skip passages, but I certainly didn't dwell on them, and there were virtually no stopping points (as I recall, my inlaws were visiting, so I was, er, kind enough to allow them to play with the kids for a few hours). This time through, I had to take many breaks, which gave me a few moments to mull over various actions and scenes from the novel.

I think the other reason I didn't enjoy this one so much was due to all of the death. I noticed that in book 6, as well, and even, in part, with book 5 - with the return of Voldemort, the deaths were bound to come more frequently, and Rowling does an excellent job of keeping the fantasy realistic; several of Harry's friends and acquaintances were affected. I think I bawled right near the end, when the last joke was told, and although I expected to lose one of the pair in the last battle, I certainly didn't expect them both to go.


But, on the re-read, I knew that some of these - I forgot a couple of details - were coming; at the very least, I knew that there would be a lot of death (though she did a good job at interspacing new beginnings as well). I could focus a bit more on the story, and I was (as usual) impressed with how well it all wove together. I had completely forgotten the last trip in the Pensieve (don't ask me how), and so I got a little choked up reading through again.

All in all, Rawlings did a remarkable job of concluding the series. I don't know if I actually believe the last Potter book has been written, but she did a wonderful job of tying things up, and things that dangled in previous books were seamlessly integrated. The book was an excellent story in a series of excellent stories, and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey..

Referensi : http://ezinearticles.com/?Harry-Potter-and-the-Deathly-Hallows&id=1800184

Post a Comment